As a lactation consultant I can:
- Assist expectant parents to prepare for breastfeeding. This is especially important for mothers that have had previous difficulty breastfeeding, those that have had breast surgery or those that are planning a cesarean birth.
- Assess breastfeeding problems.
- Work with mothers to create a breastfeeding management plan.
- Provide continued support to assist mothers to reach their breastfeeding goals.
Some of the problems that I may be able to assist you with include:
- Insufficient milk supply
- Latch issues
- Painful breastfeeding
- Blocked ducts
- Poor infant growth
- Unsettled, unhappy babies and their tired, stressed mums.
What is a lactation consultant?
An International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) is a healthcare professional who specialises in the clinical management of breastfeeding an expert in infant nutrition. This certification requires extensive experience working with breastfeeding mothers, rigorous lactation specific education and a passing a demanding certification exam. I completed my IBCLC certification in 2016.
If you’re a mum struggling with breastfeeding, I’m here to help. As a lactation consultant (IBCLC), I can provide effective breastfeeding support and education both before and after your baby is born. Every mum and baby is different and individualised help is often needed to help work through problems.