Pregnancy Massage: The tension caused by the extra weight of the baby and the shift in your centre of gravity can be tough on the body, culminating in an array of aches, pains and other symptoms. I have nearly 20 years of experience working with mums, and have had great success in using modified remedial massage techniques to help with pregnancy related issues. Pregnancy massage is uniquely effective throughout the duration of the pregnancy, helping with:
- Aches and pains
- Back ache
I bring my study massage and only use oils that are known to be safe to use during pregnancy. I also bring a range of massage cushions to help position you in the safest and most comfortable position. My specially designed Belly Pillows® allow a pregnant woman to lie on her front and ease pressure on her back for massage treatment throughout her whole pregnancy.
Massage is a wonderful way to nurture a new mum. The stress from pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and the marathon that is caring for your newborn deserves some relief.
Post-natal massage is effective in:
- Relaxation and dealing with stress
- Relieving tension on the shoulders and neck from carrying your baby
- Relieves the tension in the back, neck, shoulders and arms from marathon breastfeeding sessions
- Realign the muscles back to their pre-pregnancy state
- Assisting with the milk ejection reflex to help breastfeeding (this is not breast massage- it is massage to release tension between the shoulder blades that can make it harder for your milk to let down)
- Eliminating excess body fluids and reducing fluid retention
I will bring my study table and ensure that I use appropriate oils that are both good for your skin and will not interfere with baby’s senses for bonding and feeding. I ensure that there is no pressure on your breasts or cesarean wound.
I understand that babies are unpredictable and don’t work to our timetable. If we need to take a break to feed and or cuddle baby, that is never a problem.