What to expect from a naturopathic consultation
The practice of naturopathy is guided by six basic principles, these are:
- The healing power of nature
- First do no harm
- Find and treat the cause, not only the symptom
- Always treat the whole person, not only their disease
In your first consultation, the presenting complaint – eg. Pre-menstrual tension, postnatal depression, irritable bowel syndrome- is dealt with first. You’ll be asked questions about when the condition began and what makes it better or worse.
I’ll go on to gather further information about the problem and you will be asked about all sorts of things including diet and lifestyle information, bowel habits (yep…), your health history and your family health history. I may request functional pathology tests that investigate biochemical, nutritional, metabolic and hormonal states of health.
I always do my best to keep ongoing costs to minimum and try to avoid large amounts of expensive medicines.
At the end of the consultation you will be provided with a tailor made plan of action regarding diet, lifestyle suggestions and herbal or other medicines. I’ll provide clear explanations as to why the recommendations have been made and how soon you should start to see results. I always endeavour to make sure that my recommendations will fit into your lifestyle and work with you to make lasting, health promoting changes.
I’m always keen to know of your progress between consultations and love to receive updates. If you’re not doing as well as expected or have questions, I’m available by phone or email.
- Initial consultation: $110 (Approximately 11/2 hours)
- Follow up consultation (short): $45 (Approximately 1/2 hour)
- Follow up consultation (extended): $80 (Approximately 1 hour)
- Herbal medicines, nutritional supplements and functional pathology tests are an additional cost and vary depending on what you need. I always do my best to keep costs down and don’t believe in recommending large amounts of ongoing costly medicines.
Where to find me
You’ll find me at 12A Coronation St, Hornsby, NSW, 2077. Through the purple door between Oki Oki Japanese restaurant and The Bee’s Knees cafe.