Massage is wonderfully nurturing for new mothers. It can help to ease aches and pains and relieve the tension and tiredness that comes with caring for a new baby. The stress from pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and the marathon that is caring for your newborn deserves some relief.
Postnatal massage can begin as soon as you are ready. If you have had a caesarean, it’s a good idea to wait for at least 2 weeks after delivery or when the incision is healed a bit before getting a massage.
I understand things like sore leaky boobs and I will help you stay comfortable and relaxed throughout your massage.
Here are some of the benefits of postnatal massage:
- Provides relaxation
- It relieves tension on the shoulders and neck from carrying your baby
- Relieves the tension you get from marathon breastfeeding sessions
- Helps to realign the muscles back to their pre-pregnancy state
- Helps restore the uterus to its original size
- Eliminates excess body fluids and reduces fluid retention.
- Tones the skin and can relieve the severity of stretchmarks.
- It’s nurturing. This is important when you are caring for a tiny baby around the clock and adjusting to the demands of motherhood and all the changes that this brings.
You don’t have to leave the house to get a massage, I will bring everything I need to you and I will work around the often unpredictable and rapidly changing needs of new mums and babies.
If you’d like to talk to me before you book, please call me on 0488846672.
1 hour postnatal massage: $90
11/2 hour postnatal massage: $140
For your comfort and convenience, I come to your home.